Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Polenta with Zucchini and Ragu

I love it when leftovers come together to make something different and delicious.  I already had leftover polenta and sauce, so it wasn't a huge leap to put one on top of the other and add cheese.



Still, this was fairly different from and actually more filling than just sauce on pasta.  Admittedly, my attempt at frying up polenta resulted in more of a blob than the neat wedges I was going for, but it was still quite tasty.

Ingredients
Sausage Ragu or other tomato-based sauce
Polenta
1 small zucchini, julienned
freshly grated Parmesan

Directions
1.  Make all the other stuff that results in leftover sauce and polenta.  Store polenta in a thin layer (I put mine in a cake pan) overnight, covered.  It will be a bit more solid the next day.




2.  Re-heat sauce (I used my microwave).  In a small, non-stick pan, sautee the julienned zucchini in a little butter (this should be very quick); set aside. 

3.  Cut a couple squares or triangles of polenta; add to the hot non-stick pan.  In theory, they should hold together; mine didn't at, all, though.  They looked more like scrambled eggs.  Brown one side; flip and brown the other.



4.  Assemble on plate:  Polenta topped with zucchini topped with sauce topped with cheese.  Delicious!  Simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment