Thursday, June 11, 2009

Huevos Rancheros and Wipeout!

A grand tradition was started last summer... my husband and I got addicted to both Wipeout and eggs with rice and beans and salsa. I'm not quite sure why, but nothing goes better with watching people fall in mud from great heights than huevos rancheros. Probably a Corona or two helps.


Huevos rancheros
Rice
Black beans (canned is fine, dried and cooked is better and cheaper-- I cook a pot at a time and freeze two-person portions)
Eggs with runny centers (I fry mine since I'm incompetent at poaching)
Salsa from a jar, or make your own-- chop and combine the following to taste:
  • tomatoes
  • onion
  • a clove or two of garlic
  • cilantro (if you are one of the many people to whom cilantro tastes like soap, use parsley)
  • freshly squeezed lime juice
Optional, but completely recommended:
shredded cheese
avocado slices
sour cream
Corona with lime wedge

Layer everything in a bowl and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment