Monday, September 30, 2013

Sumbitch Cookies

So, I've been thinking about these since last Monday's airing of How I Met Your Mother-- Lily meets The Mother on the train and they bond over cookies.  Peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate cookies.   

They're good enough to get me to write up my first post in over a year.



Adapted from People.  Which is the first time I've ever said that.  

Ingredients
1 c. butter, room temperature
2 c. peanut butter
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 t vanilla extract
1 t baking soda
2 1/2 c. AP flour

10 oz package of bite sized chocolate covered caramels (I used Rolo-- any other suggestions?  I think it'd be be ever so slightly better with more or darker chocolate)

Directions
Cream butter and peanut butter together; beat in sugar until fluffy.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.
On very low speed, beat in flour and baking soda just until combined.

Refrigerate dough at least an hour.

Preheat oven to 350.

Scoop a heaping teaspoonful of dough into your hand; press a candy into the center and pinch the dough so that it makes a ball around the candy.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet.  

Bake 13-14 minutes, until just barely browned around the edges.  Enjoy the gooey goodness.

Makes 4 dozen cookies.


1 comment:

  1. You know, I thinking about these as I'm trying to come up with a cookie swap recipe. I made a test batch of mocha thumbprints filled with salted caramel, but now I'm entertaining the idea of adding peanut butter to the caramel. Peanut butter + caramel + chocolate + coffee = mega-sumbitches? :)

    ReplyDelete